Blog Archive

Sunday, November 7, 2010

De-Loused in the Comatorium

So uhhh hey......uhh.

I realised I havn't blogged here much this year, 3 at the moment besides this. And thats because this year blew by really fast. Like really fast. Its crazy!

I remember last year, I wrote that I had a feeling 2010 was going to be a great year, and it actually exceeded my expectations. Winter this year was actually pretty damn good too. No dramas for once.

Heres a brief rundown of 2010 so far:

Filming: great experiences have been made through making random videos both for uni assignments and personal purposes. The time, effort, petrol and money used to make these random films/videos have been worth it.
Made a youtube account to put our works up, a lot of room for improvement, but I'm proud of our stuff so far.

Music: had a few gigs earlier the year and they were a lot of fun. Playing music, hanging with mates that support you, having a few drinks, and people applauding and engaging in your band...sounds almost perfect.
Joined a band with mates just recently, we only have one song completed but this coming break should give us the opportunity to make more. We also made a Youtube account for it.

Recently bought a drum kit from a friend, been playing with it more than the bass and guitar combined lately. But still love the bass.

Uni/Graphic design: Uni was well.....uni.
I know I need to push myself more to improve in graphic design, and I'll be honest...I'm pretty happy with what I can do...BUT it's not good enough. Reflecting on myself now, I should've done a lot better with assignments and with the designing done for people. I feel like I havn't really learned anything new so it definitely tells me something about my works this year.
Overall uni has been alright, BUT I HATED INTERACTIVE DESIGN. Never again...

Michelle < 3>

Skateboard: I remember writing somewhere in this blog sometime after Hawaii, that I'd love to surf more, but it never happened :( I probably can't even catch waves anymore. Back to square one if I ever get into it again this summer.

So instead...during Autumn, I pulled out my sisters old skateboard and took it everywhere I went. I skated as a kid before but an accident left me scarred for life...literally. But this year I overcame the fear and now Im in love with it again. Mates recently got into it as well so it makes it a lot more fun.

Basketball: I stopped playing competition 2 years ago because I lost interest..lost the love and my competitiveness. So this area has been pretty much dead this year, only play in the streets occasionally.
But now I miss it, I'll probably join a team next year...watching some of my mates play in comp is pretty nostalgic.
Feel so damn awkward playing though, can barely get anything in. WWMJD?

Thats all I can think of at the moment, and cbf writing anymore. But uhhhhh yeaaaaaah. Deeyumm!

No comments: